Accoat - Company of the Month - March 2012
DuPont™ StreaMax™ Coating System Technology
StreaMax™ is an advanced inner fluoropolymer coating system, which has its roots in DuPont Teflon® and has been especially developed for downhole production tubing (see Picture 1).
Gains from using StreaMax™:
- High thermal stability at high temperatures up to 260°C
- High abrasion resistance
- The lowest coefficient of friction among metallic and non metallic materials (non-stick properties)
- Extremely corrosion resistant to a broad range of chemicals (wet sweet & sour gases, produced saline water, etc…)
- Improving the flow characteristics of the pipes (optimization)
- Extending the life of pipes (longevity)
- Reduced requirements for chemical maintenance and cleaning and thereby value of output (oil)
- Decreased downtime for workover, thereby delivering operational savings.
| || |
|Picture 1: Tube internally coated with |
StreaMax™ Coating system
|Picture 2: Oil tubes arriving at Plant Stoholm |
for internal coating with StreaMax™
StreaMax™ used in e.g. Mexican Gulf
CEO of Accoat, Niels Uhrbrand, describes how StreaMax™ is different:
“DuPont™ StreaMax™ is being used in the Mexican Gulf by a South American oil company. It has now been running for five years non-stop. Originally, production needded to be shut down and the tubulars cleaned every other month. Now the company is saving itself the large cost of shut down, start-up and inspection.”
Plant Stoholm – DuPont™ StreaMax™ Coating Facility
Accoat’s coating facility of 1,800 m2 is specifically intended for the coating of downhole production tubes, while its transport system can handle up to 40 tons. The plant carries out internal sandblasting pre-treating processes for tubing, and the sinter ovens’ capacity is 14 x 3.2 x 3.2 metres (see Picture 2).
Global Presence – meet us at exhibtions worldwide
- NACE in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- Offshore Technology (OTC) in Houston, Texas, USA together with Offshore Denmark at the Danish Pavilion
- Offshore Northern Seas (ONS) in Stavanger in Norway. Accoat is part of a joint stand with DuPont and WeST Group to promote StreaMax™
- Rio Oil and Gas in Brazil
- 8th Merl Oilfield Engineering with Polymers in United Kingdom
- Sulphur Berlin in Germany.
Please contact us for further information.
Tel: + 45 49 12 68 00
Fax: +45 49 12 68 99
Niels Melgaard Christensen
Product specialist oil & gas
Mobile: +45 23 46 44 59